Tuesday 14 February 2012

Lets talk early symptoms


Hi guys. Sorry its been a while since my last post J Crazy busy week!!

I thought we’d have a chat about the early symptoms of pregnancy, from right after ovulation occurs. I’ve found heaps of symptoms so might just list them and then if you have any more feel free to send me a comment or email and I’ll add them/chat about them.

1 week – you are not actually pregnant. Your pregnancy is calculated from the 1st day of your last period. Even though your baby has not yet been conceived, ironically, this is still classed as part of the gestation period.
2 weeks – nope still not actually preg. Progesterone levels in your body begin to build. Your uterus starts to thicken, and again starts laying down many extra small blood vessels. Your period has likely ceased by now and an egg in one of your ovaries is ripening, and will soon be released.
3 weeks - At this stage you will not know that you are pregnant, but your body will. Your body starts to produce a hormone called Human Chorionic Gonadtrophin (HCG). After looking up a lot of early symptoms I’ve found some from as early as 5DPO – I reckon when you are trying you are really in tune with your body so are looking for changes.

                5-14DPO
            Temperature dip – could be associated with implantation
                Implantation bleeding
                Lower abdominal cramping
                Hot flashes
Elevated temperature – after implantation your temperature should remain higher than normal for    the remainder of the pregnancy (if you are in fact pregnant) it also shouldn’t drop around the time    you are due for AF (again if you are in fact preg)
                Breast tenderness, nipple sensitivity, increased breast size
                Nausea
                Constipation
                Fatigue

4 weeks and beyond – This will be the time when your period is due…and for me the longest wait between 3 and 4 weeks! A lot of the above symptoms will happen during this time and then from then on they will get stronger!
                Missed period, BFN test
 Implantation bleeding
                Lower abdominal cramping, bloating
                Hot flashes
 Elevated temperature
                Breast tenderness, nipple sensitivity, increased breast size
                Nausea, vomiting
                Constipation
                Fatigue
                Irritated, emotional
                Nose bleeds, gums bleeding
                Back aches
                Leg cramps
                Frequent urination
                Increased saliva
                Cravings
                Headaches

The issue with all of these (and where I get confused) is that a lot of the above are associated with normal menstrual symptoms. I know that last month I thought that I was preg for sure because I had everything except for cravings…

What’s happening with me: I am on day 14 of my cycle! Apparently (according to my iphone apps) I am due to ovulate on Thursday. I have been tracking my temperature and on day 11 of my cycle it was 36.6 and for the last 3 days its been 36.8. I'm hoping it will spike in the next day or so. 

Thanks for reading :) And more to come soon - promise!!

Mandi O Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment